17 Nisan 2013 Çarşamba

WHY DID THEY BECOME MUSLIMS? - Mrs. FATMA KAZUE (Japanese)


After the Second World War I observed a growing indifference towards our religion. The Japanese people were gradually taking to the American life style. This life style lessens people’s religious consciousness and turns them into machinery. And people who have been turned into machines, in turn, suffer from profound dissatisfaction. I felt the same dissatisfaction. There was a vacuum in my soul. I was not pleased about that life style. Yet, what was missing I did not know.
I visited a Muslim who was in Tokyo for a short stay. I very much admired his religious ideas and the way he prayed. I began to ask him various questions. The answers he gave not only pleased me, but also filled the vacuum in my soul. He said that there was one Creator, that that Creator had prescribed the modes of life we had to lead to attain peace and salvation, and that he was leading a life compatible with the commandments of that Creator. His words impressed me so deeply that I told him that I wanted to accept his religion, and thus I became a Muslim under his guide. After becoming a Muslim I began to feel in my heart how great a happiness it was to live in a spiritual mood so close to the Creator. My life style changed and I attained peace.
An attentive look at the way Muslims greet one another would suffice to realize the fact that Islam is a true religion. We only say ‘Good morning’ or ‘Good night’ to one another and just walk by. Instead of these dull and materialistic greetings, Muslims say to one another, “As-salâmu ’alaikum wa rahmatullâhi wa barakâtuhu,” which means, “May peace and salvation and the rahmat[1] and barakat[2] of Allâhu ta’âlâ be on you.” Could a more beautiful way of well-wishing or greeting be conceived? My Muslim friend gave me plenty of valuable information about Muslims’ credal tenets, about the essentials of Islam, and about the ways of worship. These things were extremely logical and humanistic. I saw and believed that Islam is a religion whereby a cleanly, simple, logical and peaceful life is possible. Living in peace and happiness, both individually and socially, requires a full adaptation to this religion. For this reason, having attained peace and salvation myself, I have been doing my best to persuade all the members of my family, my friends and acquaintances to become blessed with Islam.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Sayfalar

Sayfa Görüntüleme